Magnetic Field Control
The Model 1525 Magnetic Field Control, when operated correctly, ensures
that the Electron Beam Tubes are operated within the proper magnetic field.
It also provides automatic energizing of the internal and external magnets.
Although it is possible to trigger the Pulser without a magnetic field
(with the Pulsed Radiation tubes or Resistive Loads), it must be
emphasized that unless pulsed within a sufficient magnetic field, the
electron beam tubes may be destroyed.
- Pulser Kilovolts Meter:
- Indicates the Pulser charging voltage.
- Magnet Meter:
- Indicates relative Magnet current.
- Internal Magnet Control:
- Small knob at lower left side of Pulser Kilovolts Meter selects the kV
level at which the Magnetic Focus Coil Power Supply is activated.
- External Magnet Control:
- Small knob at lower right side of Pulser Kilovolts Meter selects the kV
level at which the optional Post Focus Magnet Power Supplies are activated.
- Automatic-Off-Manual Switch:
- Selects Magnetic Focus Coil Power Supply mode of operation.
- Automatic-Manual Switch:
- Selects mode of operation for optional Post Focus Magnet Power Supplies.
- Trigger Push Button:
- Actuates trigger relay.
- Low Limit Control:
- Small knob under Magnet Meter selects current level which must be
reached before Pulser can be triggered. The system is shut down if firing
has not occured within a pre-determined time after the selected level is
- Reset Push Button:
- Resets low limit trip circuit.
- Low Current Lamp:
- Indicates that the pre-determined time has expired in the timing circuit.
The system will turn off automatically if the Magnet current is too low.
The lamp will remain on until the Reset button is pressed. Lamp also lights
after Pulser is triggered.
- Thermostat Lamp:
- Indicates the Magnet thermostat is open due to oeverheating. Pulser
will be inoperational until it is sufficiently cooled (approximately 20
- Interlock Lamp:
- Indicates when the external interlock circuit is open.
- Current Control:
- Used to set Magnet current.
- Power On-Off Switch:
- Places ac power to Magnetic Field Control Panel.
- Power Lamp:
- Amber lamp glows when the power switch is ON.
At the back of the Panel:
- Ammeter Calibrate Adjust:
- Screwdriver adjustment to set Magnet Meter.
- Voltmeter Calibrate Adjust:
- Screwdriver adjustment to set the Pulser Kilovolts Meter.
- Timing Adjustment:
- Screwdriver adjustment to set the length of time the Magnet Power Supply
remains on before the low limit circuit becomes operational.
Back to Control Panel page
Back to Homepage