Fields and Waves Demonstrations
The demonstrations have been organized into subject areas we will cover during the course. You will find references to these applets throughout the lecture notes as well as in the list below.
Note: Java applets require a Java capable browser, such as Netscape or Internet Explorer. The Shockwave applets require the Shockwave plugin to be installed. It is available here.
Potential, Electric Fields
- EMF Wave Visualization - Excellent graphical visualization of an EMF wave. (Java)
- Electric field due to point charges - Allows placement of point charges and visualization of the electric field created by the point charges. (Java)
- Simulate wave against boundary - Allows full wave or pulses to be sent against a boundary, showing reflections. (Java)
- Wave interference via animation - Frame by frame animation used to show the interference patterm between two wave point sources. This represents many different types of waves. (Java)
- Transmission line simulation - Full explanation and simulation of basic transmission line circuit and principles. (Java)
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering Department
Fields and Waves I Studio
Web page design by Adam Traidman